There are seven continents around the world.
- Asia, the largest and about one-third of the total land area on Earth.
- North America
- South America
The different landforms are:
- Mountains, elevated landforms
- Mountain range, a group of closely spaced mountains
- Volcano, an opening in the Earth’s crust from which very hot flowing materials and gas erupt
- Hill, an elevated landform smaller than a mountain
- Plain, a vast, flat landform
- Valley, landform between mountains
- Island, a piece of land surrounded by water