Math reviewer: Elementary upper grade levels
Math reviewer for Elementary Upper Grade Levels:
Math Reviewer for Elementary Upper Grades:
Number Patterns are typical math drill that children encounter although most of the time, the obvious is not that obvious.
Patterns are repeated over and over. These could be numbers, repeated lines, colors, shapes, forms and even behavior.
For an example on number patterns, the factors for 2 are the following: 2 4 6 8 10
12 14 16 18 20
22 24 26 28 30
Number patterns are often given in math aptitude tests because it serves to see how students observe the way the numbers in a number series (among other things) relate to each other.
Some examples of number patterns:
1, 4, 7, 10, 13, 16, 19, 22, 25, …
25, 23, 21, 19, 17, 15, …
3, 9, 27, 81, 243, 729, 2187, …
1, 8, 27, 64, 125, 216, 343, 512, 729, …
For samples of number patterns, click here.
For those who will be taking the SY 2013-2014 Philippine Science High School National Competitive Exams on September 29, 2012, here is the link:
The link includes the following:
- examinee number
- seat number
- room assignment
- test time
- test center code
- test center name
- test center address
- student’s school name
- Prepare the things you need, two or three days before the exams: two (or more!) number 2 pencils, preferably sharpened, a good sharpener (just in case) and a good eraser plus your favorite snacks
- For those who will take the test in the morning, sleep early so that you won’t feel light-headed during the test ( I know this is not easy especially if you are feeling the pressure of taking a difficult test)
- For those with morning schedules, be at the testing center on or before 7 am. The test will start at exactly 8am.
- Relax and do not be too tensed. If you are tensed you will feel tired easily and not be able to think clearly.
DO NOT FORGET to bring your examination permit and school ID.
If in case you did not make it, this is ok, remember that a school’s name does not make a man (or a woman).
If you (yes, you, the parents) and/or your child plan to apply to Quezon City Science High School, here are the things you need to do:
Quezon City Science High School Requirements:
- 2 or 3 long envelopes (with stamps) with the child’s name and complete address written on the front
- 2 or 3 pieces 1 x 1 OR 2 x2 pictures
- 2 photocopies of Grade 5 grades/card
- grade 5 original grades/card
- for schools that have no numerical grades, ask the school guidance counselor or teacher-in-charge to give numerical equivalence of the grades
- letter of recommendation from the school principal
Grade Requirements for Applying to Quezon City Science High School:
- For Math, Science and English: average of 85
- Other subjects: average of 83
- General weighted average should be at least 83
The first screening for Quezon City Science High School SY 2013 – 2014 will be on October 22, 2012. It will run for one hour only.
First screening test will mostly be about general subject areas.
For those who passed the second screening, an interview will be scheduled.
- The first screening (October 22, 2012) and second screening (January 11, 2013) are already done with. There is absolutely nothing I can tell you how you can apply after the two screening because that is the school’s schedule.
- If in case you have other younger children you want to apply to Quezon City Science High School, I suggest you get in touch with the school as early as JUNE or JULY next school year.
- The results were mailed in the self-stamped and self-addressed envelopes that were given at the time of the application.
I just want to clarify that like you, I am a mom who wishes to have my child enroll in Quezon City Science High School and I am NOT in any way connected to the school. If in case we get a favorable result, then we will definitely enroll there. If not, well, there is still the youngest child to consider after a year.
I will be editing some of the comments posted earlier. This is my blog and even if I was not the one who wrote the comments, I have been bothered with some of what was written and I was advised to edit the comments that are in a way, malicious.
Thank you very much for visiting and I hope I was able to help some of you in my own little way.
Application for the Quezon City Science High School entrance exams first screening is NOTat the school campus anymore, proceed to the Quezon City Science Interactive Building at the QC Deped compound.
Rounding Off Numbers
- Rounding off is estimation of numbers.
How to round off numerals
1. Identify the digit to be rounded off.
2.If the digit to the right of the number to be rounded is below 5.
3. If the digit to the right of the number to be rounded is 5 and above round up the number. When you:
A. Round Up
-add 1 to the digit to be rounded off and replace all digits to the right of the number to be rounded with zero.
B. Round Down
-copy the digit to be rounded off and replace all the digits on the right with zero.